Standard Pathway Online M.Arch.
- Designs for an urban master plan for Rochester’s downtown
- A net-zero or positive energy building
- A turbine system that harvests rainwater for energy
- Aging in place with health and sustainability in mind
Sample Standard Pathway Schedule
- Studio and Design: Through collaborative work at your in-home studio and on-site visits, you will apply concepts from your other courses to the design of real-world building projects.
- Professional Cooperative Educational Experiences: You will complete a professional co-op where you will gain 350 to 400 hours of experience at a site in your community.
- Global Experience: You will spend up to 10 days studying the architecture and culture of a foreign city. You can choose an individual travel experience for 0 credits or receive up to 3 credits for attending a global experience led by an RIT instructor or at another academic institution.
*Note: Alternatives for completing the requirement are available per the Department of Architecture’s Global Experience Policy.
- Immersions: You will visit RIT’s campus in Rochester, N.Y., for two required in-person immersions. Here, you will collaborate with your classmates on projects and competitions, participate in live critiques, and experience the RIT culture firsthand. You also have the option to attend a third immersion.